24/01/2008

Aight! 아이트!

Met up with Borah today (the team leader for our former exchange student group), and we're officially doing a language exchange. That means I'm teaching her English, and she'll help me with my Korean studies. So today we just sat and chatted in English over a coffee for two hours. Turns out there is a cosplay culture in Korea as well*. Cool.

On the other hand, I noticed that my English is getting koreanised. She was asking me about some usage of the word "seniors" and I really had to think whether in everyday English you'd talk about older students as seniors (it seems so natural). But I seem to remember thinking it weird in the beginning, so it's probably not standard use. Or am I wrong?

I was also supposed to go out tonight, but I made the mistake of coming home first, and then I sat at the computer, and the next thing I know is that it's 11PM and I'm wondering if I can still be bothered...

*not that I cos** myself, but I think it's fun to see.
** it's totally a verb. Shut up.

No comments:

Achives