21/05/2008

I want to stay, damn it

I've been all kinds of down lately, and though I'd like to amount it all to some crazy PMS, I'm guessing it has less to do with hormones and more with not wanting to go back to Finland this summer. Alas, my possible prolonged stay here in Korea depends on finding an internship placement (for five months); and finding an internship placement depends on... a whole lot of things – being out there and meeting the right people would probably be at the top of the list, as well as putting together a decent portfolio online so I'd have something to show for prospective employers. Of course, being depressed robs me of the ability to perform on either front, so I guess I catch myself coming and going. Nice work.

That said, I actually did eventually manage to build a somewhat-poorly-functioning Flash site, and if you're interested, it's here: www.dragostries.com (Gord, my wee animations are there as well, as promised). Now what's left is applying to animation or game companies and hoping like hell.

I've been out drinking four days out of the past five, although to be honest, I don't think I can even look at a soju-bottle for a while. It's been weird. Really weird. Heh.

No comments:

Achives