08/09/2007

Mushrooms and pink frills

Wow, yesterday wasn't a very good day for me. Good old Laura was definitely peeking up for a while there. All better today, thanks to a good night's sleep and the fact I have things to do today.

Did a nice round of shopping with Valerie – from Dongdaemun to In-Sa Dong to Miasamgeori. We started at 9 AM and got back at around 3 PM. I actually didn't spend that much money, because I was looking for specific things... Mainly art supplies. I got some basics, but they're pretty much the same price range as in Finland, so I'm thinking of maybe asking mum to send me some of my own. We'll see.

Had a nice lunch in In-Sa Dong as well, as soon as we found a place that had a suitable price range (have I mentioned I've learned to eat mushroom? omg). I didn't buy a cute little umbrella/sunscreen thing with pink frills, but now I'm regretting it a little bit. Hmmm.

In a couple of hours, I'm supposed to meet up with my "group" (we were put in groups in the Orientation, but aside from that we don't have much in common with most of them) and go out for... something. I was surprised to see Minsub at my door with a note yesterday (with the invitation to go out), because he ran out pretty fast the last time (I call it girl-room-anxiety) and since he had been told I was out (as if the office here actually knows my comings and goings?), he seemed surprised to see me, too. Life would/will be so much easier with a mobile phone.

Oh yeah, and remember that painful animation freelance project? Yeah. We got fired. *LOL*

I shouldn't laugh, because it's not a good thing per se, and it's not really funny... And we definitely deserved the scolding we got... But hell, it's not like the project was exactly well-managed, and I'm a little relieved to be out of it. I could've used the money, but in the end, I'm not sure it was worth the angst.

No comments:

Achives