09/09/2007

They call me the princess

Wow. Last night turned out to be a 12-hour event in the end. We were celebrating two birthdays; Janice's (a Canadian girl I don't really know) and Takeshi's... So, as usual, great dinner first – I can't remember what it's called but we fried meat and kimchi at the table with all those side dishes. Minus the soybean paste, I learned to eat beef wrapped in a salad leaf. Nice! I was getting special treatment again over allergies and stuff (Minsub is such a gentleman ...sometimes.) so the whole "Laura-hime" thing started again. Oh, and soju.

Next, another bar. Birthday cake, munchies, soju, drinking games. Another bar, less people. Munchies, soju. At this point I probably should have headed back, as Daniel and Christian gave up after this bar... It was just me, Ai, Takeshi and another Japanese guy left at this point, and they were talking about going to a nore-bang*, and I don't know what I was thinking, but I decided to join. Next, we ran into more Japanese people, and the next thing I know, I'm stuck in a nore-bang with a bunch of people I don't know and who can all sing. Shit. :D

My last night's audio torture included such classics as Hey Jude, American Pie (which I failed miserably) and, dear god no, Eternal Flame, because that's probably the only song I actually know the lyrics to. I have no idea why.

We walked back at around 6 AM, and I noticed for the first time that the moon is in a different position from this vantage point. It looked like a Dreamworks logo. I wish I'd had my camera with me.


*karaoke

No comments:

Achives